Sunday, 26 February 2012
1. Granted, it may not be the weather for these denim hot pants just yet, but that's what 80 dernier tights were created for! These shorts from UO are perfect for the lead up to Summer and denim shorts are always handy to have in your wardrobe.
2. Crosses have literally taken over the jewellery scene and it's a cheap way to be on top of the new craze. Perfect excuse to go accessory shopping (which sidesteps any tantrums as jewellery fits...every time!)
3. Had to add a splash of colour to this ensemble and I loved the subtle cosmic cross on this t-shirt.
4. I cannot wait to get my hands on this cami tomorrow. This would go perfect with a small leather jacket teamed with tights and some bright lipstick.
5. Only £6?! Another ASOS bargain! These can be worn all the same finger for a bit of statement bling...if not it's always good to have two spare rings. Just incase.
What are your thoughts on crosses taking over? I for one am excited for the return of 90s grunge and this is just one step closer.
Thursday, 23 February 2012
Today I stumbled upon Topshops "going out" range, and I couldn't help but do a post about it. I am venturing back to Liverpool tomorrow and going out there is quite different from going out in Aix en Provence. For starters, heels are a must in Liverpool and therefore these grey suede peep toe platforms are a must-have this coming Spring for me. Scrolling up and down the collection (numerous times) the abundance of peach and pastel colours was evident, therefore this bright pink lipstick is a necessary purchase as it adds a splash of colour to these ensembles.
Liverpool's Topshop is HUGE and I have already picked out my top ten pieces I am going to have to try on when I get back.
What are your thoughts on these picks? Are you a fan of the lighter shades, or do you like to wear statement prints on your night out?
Sunday, 19 February 2012
1. These shoes are so lovely, fresh and ready to be worn in the near Spring. Topshop is always my go-to place for ballet pumps and flats, and these shoes are a good example why.
2. An Aztec rave has already been done, but these shorts deserve their own special mention.
3. I don't know if I have suddenly developed a hate for my neck, but I love anything with a collar on, including this River Island beauty. I need to get a bit more colour into my dark and dreary wardrobe as well, starting with this.
4. Cheap Frills tweeted me randomly one day about my blog, so I had a cheeky look at their website. This amazing ring is such a bargain, and they have many more so go check them out!
5. My friend was wearing this eye-shadow the other day and when I asked her about she practically begged me to go and buy it. It looked so lovely on her as a base coat for more bold colours, and gave that subtle shimmer that only a MAC product can do.
What are your thoughts and what's on your weekend wishlist?
Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Currently craving some ankle boots. In France I am always seeing chic girls tottering about with some heels on their boots and I am jealous. I once said no to a pair of heeled boots that I found in the Kurt Geiger sale and have regretted it ever since! These beauties are new on ASOS and Topshop. Perfect for a meal out with a pair of jeans and a nice top. Or even to make an impression in the day time? My favourite ones are number 4, Tophop also do them in a shade of grey. But I also like the number 3, as they are more casual and less of a heel. Of course if you love attention...go for number 2!
What are your thoughts? Are you going to be splurging on a pair of these?
Sunday, 12 February 2012
It seems to be all about the Aztec/Egyptian this season, which I am not complaining about at all. In most wardrobes there are a few cheeky Aztec tops/dresses/bangles hanging about, waiting for their time to rise again. Of course, this Sunday was spent on Ebay, quickly snapping up Aztec prints and only costing me a slight fortune.
1. As much as I love this maxi dress, I fear it is one of those Topshop items, where EVERYONE has it. I may have to save my money for something less obvious. But isn't she a beauty? This would go perfectly with bright red lips and some extra confidence.
2. Bright colours and powerful patterns scream sun! A tan would match this perfectly...
3. My love for this Topshop Cleopatra Tee will never end, I love a good baggy t-shirt with some leggings or skinny jeans. Comfy, stylish and affordable.
4. What a total adventure backpack! When I saw this, I wanted to whack it on, put on my trainers and go exploring like I was 10 again.
5. It's actually refreshing to see some colour when I am window shopping (online...) and this reminded me that the sun (and the beach) is on it's way.
What are your thoughts on these new collections? Are you ready to walk like an Egyptian?
I came across The Pothole Gardner while I was doing my Sunday morning Blog browse and I couldn't help but write a post about these little beauties. It must be such a lovely surprise to find when you are doing your morning journey to work. Or stuck in traffic for a while. They are GUARANTEED to put a smile on your face.
All images are from The Pothole Gardener
I thought I would brighten everyone's day up a little bit, as Sundays (particularly in France) can be somewhat boring. (Yes, I should use the day to catch up on work/do laundry/be productive, what are you getting at?)
These pictures make me crave the sun again. Not long now.
Saturday, 11 February 2012
1. Benefit 'Throb' blusher is £23 and to be honest, I really feel as if this colour suits a paler complexion. I am usually a bronzer girl, but when I tried this on last year (after being persuaded by the Benefit counter lady) I noticed it gave me a lovely fresh faced look. Also, the name means it's a perfect blusher for a Valentines date!
2. Urban Outfitters can be a bit pricey for me, but this cute boudoir box is only £6 and is too cute not to buy for a special someone. It would make you smile every time you went to put on all the stunning jewellery they may have bought you (if you are lucky!)
3. I LOVE patterned tights and they are a godsend when I am dressed a little plainly, as they add something to the outfit. Why not wear your heart on your sleeve (and on your legs) for this Valentines Day?
4. You can NEVER go wrong with Chanel on Valentines Day. Ever. This is a classic 'must-have in your wishlist' lipstick.
5. Whenever I make the dreaded walk into Uni, I have to drag my beast of a laptop with me in an awful case. After coming across this case on ASOS...well I have fallen in love.
6. At £75 these sling back wedges are a little pricey, but what better excuse than a Valentines Day present to yourself? It's a shame heels aren't really done in the South of France, and don't even mention the cobbled streets.
I hope you all have a lovely Valentines Day. Mine will be spent with my two favourite people, Ben and Jerry, accompanied with a selection of terrible yet strangely addictive films. What is everyone else doing on this coming Tuesday?
Tuesday, 7 February 2012
Finally a female heroine who doesn't have to rely on a tight fitting PVC suit and a perfect figure to grab the attention of the public and make millions. Well done Larsson, well done. Lisbeth Salander is an amazing creation and will go down in heroine history!
The amount of arse-kicking that goes on in literature and film by men is somewhat disproportionate to that of women, so it's refreshing to finally read about a heroine who relies on her intelligence, sharp mind and self defence techniques to get by, instead of fluttering her eyelashes and wearing a low cut top.
Annoyingly, I did go and see the film adaptation before reading the first book the entire way through. I am not really a fan of doing this as I enjoy creating my own characters and once the film has been seen it's difficult to imagine the people in your unique way, which is the highlight of reading! Expand your mind, as all the teachers and parents say. But, as always, they are right.
As soon as I left the cinema I got my hands on the second book and got to reading it right away. It's been a while since I have had that "oh my god, who needs friends when you have this book" feeling, but as soon as I delved into this read I started getting annoyed with seeing friends, leaving my room, eating and sleeping. A page turner to say the least...
I would definitely recommend this to ANYONE. Granted I am quite behind on times and most people have either read them/seen the Swedish movies/seen the Hollywood adaptation, but consider this a little push for all those who couldn't get past the first few chapters. Yes it's slow to begin with, yes there are many things irrelevant to the plot, but you NEED all that to enjoy the fast-paced action in the second half. Hands up if you hate those films where it's straight into the action/horror with 2D characters that you couldn't care less if they get brutally killed or don't get the girl?
All good things come to those who wait!
(See, no spoilers. Aren't I kind?)
What are your thoughts? Have you read it? Did you love Lisbeth Salander as much as I did?
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
Today I popped into Longchamp in Aix-en-Provence to finally buy my travel bag (that I have been umming and ahhing about for a month). I originally wanted the Grape colour, but alas, they have changed their colours for Spring. So I settled for the classic navy blue. Being a big fan of Longchamp, it was obvious that my left over Christmas money was going to be spent on this bad boy.
One of the selling points of Longchamp (le pliage range, that is) is that they pack up so small and are easy to pack/carry/travel with. This one cost me 70 euros, which some see as steep, but it's a bag that I will keep forever.
Et Voila! The finished product, and what a beauty. Longchamp is THE bag to have in France. Such a lovely feeling leaving the shop with the pretty bag, and knowing you are going to be just as chic as the French.
Not your cup of tea? Or are you a Longchamp lover? Let me know!
© Decisions Decisions | All rights reserved.